I can’t sleep. My allergies are killing me and I’m not supposed to take anything before my allergist appointment next week. Guess whose going to ignore his doctors orders?
Since I’m awake, I might as well share my top apps to cure insomnia. (The proceeding statement has not been verified by the Food and Drug Administration. BisManApps is not designed to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Please consult your doctor and your bank account before starting any app regimen.)
1. Words With Friends. Chances are if you can’t sleep at least one of your friends is probably awake, too. Challenge them to a game.
2. Audible. If you have an Audible.com account, download this free app and grab your favorite audio book. Preferably one narrated by someone with a British accent.
3. BlogPress. Blog something.
4. Angry Birds Space. Killing green space pigs with superpowers bird projectiles has always helped me.
6. Hulu+. For $7.99 a month you can watch practically any TV show known to man. Past or present. Snorks marathon anyone?
7. Netflix. Same price as Hulu+, but with movies and more TV shows. Just don’t watch The Walking Dead. Your trying to fall asleep, remember?
8. HBOGo. If you subscribe to HBO via cable or satellite (check with your provider), download this free app to watch streaming on demand movies and series. Pick a documentary and wait for the Sandman.
That’s it. Now, if you’ll excuse me, Game of Thrones is on.